[at-l] lightning question

I live in Arizona now, and there is a beautiful swimming pool right out
back. I'm a nighttime swimmer. (Runner, too.) Unfortunately, this is
monsoon season. Once again tonight I suited up and headed out. Then I
noticed generalized lightning in the sky. The cloud cover was not full,
and there were no lightning bolts. (My mother calls it heat lightning.)
Not having a death wish--or  even wanting curly hair--I came back
inside. So here's the idiot question: Can I safely go near the pool
under the circumstances described above? I'm expecting a big, fat "no,"
but I might get lucky here...

Give Me Chocolate...and some pool time