Re: [at-l] gear question

As a psychiatrist, I know how to read minds. In the cyberworld, it is
usually a multiple choice question, and I needed to narrow down your
specific problem. Even so, we aren't there yet:

Is the shape a problem the first night of a hike, or still consticting
after several nights? Does it have a separate zipper to allow opening
the bottom of the bag and kicking those footies around? Did you get the
anaconda out of the stuff sack?

There are still some rectangular bags, but this makes extra weight and
extra space to heat. It does provide extra room to dry clothes. I doubt
it is a great improvement over a mummy shape as your legs are still
more confined than on your real world bed.

On the BPL list, there are occasional discussions of one pound bags. I
have a zero degree 3 pound Western Mountaineering Puma bag for all but
summer use, and use a Target fleece bag for summer. The Target bag is
rectagular. I don't sleep well for the first 2 nights on the trail,
either way.

I think if you take POG's pillow and stuff it between your knees, you
will find your current bag more comfortable, and POG's pack weight even
more acceptable, with little expense for you. Just avoid POG in the
future.

Bill.....