Re: [at-l] Tuba Man---

In a message dated 8/23/00 7:08:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lwbooher@halifax.com writes:

<< Does anyone have any recent info on The Tuba Man?  Is he still out there
 lugging that thing?  Leslie >>
 I got a report from thru hikers Texas Red and SharpShins-
 It's not really a big wrap around Tuba, it's one of those smaller
carry-in-front-of-you parade type instruments. In response to 'Why not carry
a real Tuba?', TubaMan responds "Well, that would be Stupid!" :O) He's
carrying his sleeping bag in the 'Tuba's' bell. I think they said their
meeting with him was in NH, but, I'm old and might be disrembering that part.
TJ