Re: [at-l] Bee Stings

Actually, these are similar solutions: the use of a poultice to somehow act
as an antidote to the insult to your body by the bee sting. All of these
approached still do the basic first aid care of removing the sting,
settling the patient down, washing the wound, and then applying the remedy.
There are several agents that probably to no benefit and no harm, and a few
that may do benefit or harm. Tobacco, aspirin, bicarb, corn starch, patent
medicines, prescription medicines, topical agents, herbal and folk
remedies, meat tenderizers and multitude of others are used by many.

It is most important to assess the general reaction of the bee sting
recipient. Generalized rashes, shortness of breath, difficulty talking or
swallowing, loss of consciousness and sudden death can be warning signs of
a very bad day for the victim. Those aware of allergies to stings may want
to get educated about allergy treatments and kits - but this is best done
with a real world doctor. For instance, I trust that DaRedhead followed
through with this bit of advice before she goes into the woods for HATT
alone. <big hint here!>

OrangeBug