Re: [at-l] lessons learned? (long)

> Chagrined, a trifle embarrassed, but a bit wiser,

I know the feeling.  A couple of years ago I had to
call it quits after day 2 of a planned 3-day hike
(because I was just plain not in shape for 8 miles
of upward slope on mostly pavement -- ugh!).  A
couple of months ago I had to stop after one day
of a "well-planned" two-day hike, this time due to
dehydration.  Live and learn.

Don't be embarassed.  At least, try not to be.  I
know, easier said....

Think of it this way: we "old" guys (I'm a whole
41, but marvelously out-of-shape) are blessed in
that we live long enough to get too old for some
things. :-)
--
		-Tom Williams