Re: [at-l] Long Rant - Delete at will . . .

In a message dated 08/12/2000 1:59:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DaRedhead@aol.com writes:

<<
 Okay - I will step off my soapbox now.  But that post made some statements
 that just plain upset me.  Yea, we get silly here, and we've been accused
 occasionally of not being a "serious" list.  But - if you ask a gear
 question, you'll get an answer, from experienced people, from different
 sources, and with many different opinions.  If you ask how a thru hike might
 effect your marriage, you'll get many answers on that too.  The fact is -
 serious questions get serious answers here - and also a lot of humor.  And
we
 can't all be serious all the time - so a lot of humorous stuff goes on too -
 some not trail related.  We are so much like a family that we can't JUST
talk
 about hiking - because we are people behind the hiking.  But to say that we
 might be "personal" against WF - or to suggest that instead we should get
out
 there and help the AT - like we aren't already doing that -

  well, as POG said - it's late.  So goodnight.

 The Redhead >>

Amen Red!
(Damn she's cute when she's ranting...)