[at-l] So much for hiking...

There's too many thruhikers in the Whites for me to get much hiking in these
days...  So much trail magic, so little time to hike.  No real complaints
from me though.  I've been having a blast.

Stayed at Hiker's Paradise on Friday adn Saturday.

I saw a couple of dozen thruhikers in the Gorham/Pinkham area over the
course of the weekend...

Snapshot, a hiker I had seen the previous week was there with his father and
sister.  I also saw Shepherd again - a familiar face from the previous
weekend.

On Saturday, after I had done a couple of post office runs and a Walmart
run, I headed for N. Conway to do some pack shopping.  I picked up a hiker
thumbing from the auto road up Mt. Washington.  Turned out to be Albatross,
a hiker I had met at Ethan Pond Shelter in June going northbound, now going
southbound on his yoyo.  He was also looking to buy a new pack so we ended
up shopping together.  Stopped at Ragged Mountain, IME, EMS, and even tried
to make a run to Conway to check out Wild Country but they were closed.

[There was an interesting climbing pack at IME from Cold Cold World.  It met
the pound or less per 1000ci goal but for me, the shoulder straps were too
long.  I think it was 3 lbs and 3500ci with a loooong extension collar.]

Stopped at Bagels Plus to meet Hoops and MM and took back a bunch of much
appreciated leftover bagels for the hostelers.

Sunday morning, did some more errands and trailhead runs.  Saw Warren
Doyle's group getting ready for a three day backpack north from route 2.
Warren was in town so didn't get to see him.  Recognized Anonymous Badger
(AT99) and Springfever there as part of the group.

Playfoot, off the trail for a few days for a variety of reasons ended up
coming back to Boston with me for a couple of days and took the bus back
yesterday.

Other hikers I saw over the course of the weekend included Magic Thumb,
Crush, Mama C, Papa C, and Old Sam, Cruise Control, Manhattan, Do It
Yourself, Macon Tracks, Not Yet, Roots, Flying Dutchman, Porridge and Grits,
and I know I've missed a few, too.

The only hiking I did was from the visitor's center to the Auto road and
back.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99