Re: [at-l] Co-opted credit

Clyde - WF has set up his thru-hike definition and the Avery Award, and his
websites, and all of his definitions and declarations, in an effort to
become "Mr. Appalachian Trail" and "the next Myron Avery" and "THE source
for AT information" - and to usurp and undermine the good workings of the
ATC, ALDHA, and the trail clubs...

Pittsburgh

I don't think I want to defend WF but you are taking what was said out of
context.  He was looking for a way to distinguish between hikers that hike
from Maine to Georgia (2000 Milers) and those that hike the entire trail.
Walking by every white blaze in a true purist way.  Weather he is right to
want to do this is open for debate.  I don't think his intention was
anything
other than to distinguish between purist and 2000 milers.

Clyde 2001