[at-l] Delete but once

Well, first of all, two years ago today had a very nice thing happen.
Maybe two. this may have been the first day that we ate wild blueberries
(Footnote:Whatever day was the first day that we ate wild blueberries,
IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!!). This was the day that Pokey climbed up that
little pile of rocks we call Chairback Mountain. It was really kewl to
see her accomplish something like this ( a week after Katahdin sent her
down the mountain with the taste of defeat, and tears, in her mouth). We
passed the shelter, full of folk, and spent the night at West Chairback
Pond. Nice, secluded pond with campsites. Nice evening...less the
'squits.

Now, her are some Mellencamp things I just have to tell you:

First, and least importantly, I spent two hours this afternoon on the
beach in front of John's house with binoculars watching all the
chickolas in boats that thought I was John. Kinda sad in a funny sort of
way. Nice day to be on the beach, though.

Secondly, I've been talking to John's oldest son (Hud) about going
camping. He's really excited about going 'backpacking' with me. Well,
they are calling this little tour that John is on the 'camping tour'.
They have a leased tourbus and are staying in campgrounds (I saw 'Yogi's
jellystone' all over the itinerary.) So, Elaine takes the boys shopping.
Hud tells her he wants a backpack. So, they are looking at backpacks.
She gets a little daypack for him. He says  "Where will my sleeping bag
go?" (I love that.) She says "That will be on the trip Felix takes you
on." So, the Hudster is excited about going backpacking. Are you guys
seeing what I'm seeing in this??? John Mellencamp will be PAYING me to
take Hud on a thruhike someday!!!

I think this to be the last thing. Hud looks a good deal like me.
(Really, he does.) He's pretty cool. I like hangin, er...being with him.
Elaine and I were sitting talking the other evening and Hud is on the
swing. We are looking at him. I turn to Elaine and say "Is he really my
son?"  I'd give you six bucks and an autograffed Little Richard album
for a picture of her expression.

my brother's boy got to go home yesteday. ain't that good news. My
brother and his wife should get to go home one day next week.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98