Re: [at-l] Bee Stings

In a message dated 8/11/00 6:51:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

<< Remove the sting as best as possible. Do the Soap and Water thing. Some
 like to apply a poltice of Bicarb, although it probably does nothing.
 Then try the RICE thing. Of course, if you were allergic, a bee sting >>

Okay.  I now know what I did (soak it in water) was half hearted at best, and
it hurt for a long time (too bad I was hurting too bad to move the damn pot
of water in here next to the computer to consult at the critical "geez this
hurts" time.)  I had a mildly alergic reaction (which means I didn't die, but
I was very uncomfortable for a bit, and it took me a LONG time to find that
inhaler, and now I have weird looking stuff all over me, go figure).

In the future - I'd like to be more prepared.  So assuming I was on the
Trail, and not two minutes away from a rescue squad - what should I carry to
take care of this amidst Trail conditions?

The (itchy, unhappy, swollen foot) Redhead