RE: [at-l] the keeper

Janel sez:

>So yes, you have to wash your hands and rinse the thing off, big deal...
>Less money, safer for the environment and your body, and a shorter period??
>I'm in.
>
>-J-

Absolutely!!  Just ensuring caution & care.  I have a thing for using a good
ol' sea sponge, boiled for a bit before first use at the beginning of each
cycle.  I buy a big honker from whatever health food store, cut a chunk off
about the size of a thick end of the carrot (they squish down nice & small).

I like this better than putting something latex-y up around parts unseen, &
since I never dug the pinch of a diaphragm, my reluctance is understandable.
  Sea sponge is nice b/c you don't have the chance to leave it in too long
-- it begins to leak when it's fullup, as you'd expect, and since I assume
the body is ridding itself of the blood is because it NEEDS to get rid of
blood, I like the idea of something keeping me on the ball (ie; leaky
sponge) rather than letting me off the hook (ie; 4-oz coffee mug all up in
my persimmon).

And if you're boiling a bit of water at the end of dinner & are worried
about germies, you can just throw it in for a couple of minutes to kill any
of the creepies.  You just might not want to use it for tea water (or you
just might, depending on how you go.  Yum!)

All the same benefits of the Keeper, as mentioned --  nothing to pack out,
none of the kotex dioxin yuckies -- along with the added benefit of coming
from the ocean rather than a plastic factory.

I LOVE singing this Rhapsody in Red.

10-4