Re: [at-l] RE: Camping..was It's YOUR Gathering...

Putting my ALDHA hat on I have a request. If anyone knows of a site in
the PA, MD area, near the AT, were ALDHA could host the Gathering please
let me know. We need a place that has an auditorium with 1000 seats.
Including 12 to 15 workshop areas that can seat 25 - 50 with AV
equipment. Near by camping with showers. Both sites charging very little
or no rent. Please let me know.
See you at the Gathering,
Beau Bushor N1MJD
     "Bleeder Guy"
ALDHA Assistant Coordinator

There is a state park near Cumberland MD, "Rocky Gap". They host a HUGE
country music fest every summer. There is Allagheney Community College
near there and is used as an alternate site sometimes. It is not real
close to the AT, but has some small trails and the C&O canal is very
close. There is also a very big campground with bath houses in every
loop. The lake offers alot of swimming, boating, fishing, etc. A few
years ago a large hotel was added for the golfing folks...so a nice
alternative for those who can't/dont wish to tent. We love it there. We
thought the golf/hotel thing would ruin it, but from the camping side
you barely know it exists. Thats the only  MD thing w/camping that I can
think of that also has convention space nearby.  Lots of nice camping
areas, but no convention centers within 20 miles of them.

Good Hiking
Landslides

.....I climbed a mountain and I turned around. And I saw my reflection
in a snow covered hill, till a landslide brought me down......(from
Fleetwood Mac...Landslide)