[at-l] getting storm damage cleared

Hey Y'all

I've been planing to hike the southernmost 35 miles of the Sheltowee Trace,
and wanted to do this sometime in September. But it has come to my attention
that most of this section is currently impenetrable and temporarily closed
due to downed timber due to a really bad snow and ice storm that occurred
THREE YEARS AGO!  This section of the trail is on federally owned lands (Big
South Fork River). Apparently, clearing down timber on National Backpacking
Trails doesn't get a very high priority status.  Does anybody have any ideas
on how to get things rolling in matters such as this?  Write congresspeople,
representatives?  Write the park hqs?

JT