Re: [at-l] Hot meal ideas

Yes, you are the only instant rice wieny in the house.

David Addleton (he who hath no trail name) taught me about rice. There is
no need to wash the stuff, and it often comes in good ziplock pouches. 1
part rice to 2 parts boiling water. Add anything you like to it after the
reboil, cover it on simmer (a cozy might work without the simmer), wait
20-30 minutes (finish setting up the tent and air out those boots), and
chow down. It takes much less room than Ramen or Lipton meals. I like to
add whatever jerky I have (Ingles carries beef, tuna and salmon), dried or
fried vegies from Harry's Farmers Market, onion or peppers or cheese, and
lie back and live large. The only thing that competes is instant whipped
potatoes.

OrangeBug