Re: [at-l] Saddleback addies was(wingnut)

In a message dated 8/10/2000 1:53:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kahley7@ptd.net writes:

<< People posted here as to how they were booted for simply asking to whom
 the letters generated by Dan's system were addressed.
 I find this an extremely intelligent notion...curiousity as to where
 letters SIGNED BY THEM  would go.  Or maybe, a desire to write their
 own letters to some or all of the pertinant folks as they saw fit.
 Or to DOUBLE their effectiveness by following up with snail mail or
 phone calls.   >>

I can attest to that, and I dont want to be negative...but since its out
there, let me say my piece.....I am a 2001 thruhiker to be...(LOL)..I have
been lurking on both lists for some time, I finally surfaced on both lists
over the constant bryson/cell phone issues, and then on the TP list over the
letter campaign.  I was "booted" (actually I told him to take me off...)
after mentioning I had written my own letter to my own senator urging her to
get involved and suggesting that people write their own legislators as
well.....WF blasted me publicly, and then chastised me privately adding, and
this was the kicker for me, that "I would never make it to maine on my thru
hike next year".....I was stunned this guy didn't know anything about me and
threw that out there, needless to say, he wouldn't post my response to
him....but I called him out on his cult of personality...I told him the trail
didn't belong to him, and informed him I have been hiking the AT for almost
20 years...since I was 12 years old.......

Ok, forgive me here, but I have to chuckle, I am a mellow person, happy just
walking in the woods, but he got me so fired up...LOL, I added that I
"respected" his right to say what he wants on his list, but if I ever met him
while hiking, and I added if, because it occurred to me he doesn't hike much
anymore because he never mentions it and I have not read anyone's journal
where they met him on the trail more than 10 miles from Hot Springs.....,
that if I met him hiking and he talked that way to me and said the things he
said to me, I would knock him on his prissy ........
Strangly I dont recall getting anymore e-mail from him...LOL

Oh, and if anyone wants my own theory as to why he hates Bryson so deeply,
e-mail me and I'll share........

BK
2001