[at-l] hardtack, cliff jumping, and tents...

Hey, multiple threads is what you get when you're stuck in the digest
format<g>

On the hardtack thread, there's two other options to gnawing on hardtack
all day. One, that I used on one of my earliest hikes (oh those many years
ago) is called Pilot Bread or Pilot Crackers. It's basically like
condensing a loaf of bread into two 4 inch or so wide crackers, they don't
particularly taste of anything, but you're full when you get done. The
other option is Logan Bread, which I found a recipe for on the pct-l. Never
tried it (hey, yoiu have to COOK it and I'm a bachelor - what's a bread
pan? <g>) but it looks both tasty and filling. If someone is truly
desperate for the recipe I'll try to find it, it just might take a while.

The cliff at Pipestem is about 15 feet, but it looks a lot taller at 6:30
in the morning. The water is only somewhat cold (depending on how much
antifreeze one has imbibed around the previous evenings campfire),
especially in comparison to Hanover. Had the joy at the NH Gathering a few
years ago of running barefoot down the frost covered sidewalk to leap over
the bridge railing. The only "normal" person out and about at that hour was
a woman jogging, she saw us and crossed the road to run on the other side
of the bridge <g>

As for Reds tent vs Stitches tent, well, being that Stitches had been
asleep for all of an hour she just didn't have the energy to come out and
kill me <g>

Skeeter