Pots, eating, multi-party style.... was Re: [at-l] Whisperlite and food bowl

--- Phil Heffington <phil.heffington@oc.edu> wrote:
> I simply eat out of the pot I cook in.  I usually take an insulated mug for
> coffee or hot chocolate, but I don't always take the time to heat water for
> a hot drink.  BTW, if you make pasta you can use the drained pasta water
for
> your hot chocolate.  It doesn't seem to affect the taste, although the idea
> seems kinda gross.

### Took two pots with cup/lids and one spoon for me and the boys. Boiled
enough for meal and clean-up, with me dishing out the foodness to the
boysens. One pot for boiling, one for food. Clean-up was either with swishing
the warm water left over (meat fat or majorine was involved -- so I didn't
want to leave it to cold water) or via "cooking" the next morning's breakfast
(non-fat) and swishing that. I had brought Doctor Bronner's soap, and thought
about using it on the dishes at least twice. With the functional pot lids,
when the time comes where I can trust the boys to eat their fill all on their
own, we'll be all set. For right now, there's a lot of "heavy metal" in camp.

Chef Sloetote

=====
"A man who is not a liberal in his youth has no heart.
     And  a man who is not a conservative in his maturity
   has no brain."         W.Churchill

Call me 'middle-aged.'    T.McGinnis