Re: [at-l] trekking poles

You wrote: "I realized that I had lost a lot of strength in my hands."

I had the same problem, albeit for a different reason; the little hand
exercisers that you can pick up at a yard sale for a quarter work ok,
but for taking on a hike, Bollinger sells a 7-spring plastic and rubber
hand and finger exerciser called the Gripmaster: 3 oz. and about $10 at
K-mart, and you can get it in medium or heavy tension. Also is a better
stress modulator than Xanax and its' cousins....

Alejandro

" When I was a boy, I was told that anyone could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it." - Clarence Darrow