[at-l] Whisperlite and food bowl

Ryan,  Thousands of people use the Whisperlite Shaker Jet stove every year,
including me, so they can't be that hard to use.  It takes a couple of
"crank-ups" to get the hang of priming the thing, but it is really very
simple.  I turn it jon slightly until I can hear the gas fizzle and then
turn it off and light the gas primer.  Just as the primer fuel is about to
burn off you turn on the gas valve and you're set to go with a very hot, but
somewhat loud, flame.  Of course, you have to have the bottle pumped to high
pressure, but I figure that is understood, although I helped a hiker get
hers going the first time last year because she was scared the bottle would
blow up if she pumped it more than a couple of times.

We could get a good discussion going about using alcohol stoves, but I
prefer the Whisperlite because it is faster, and white gas is much cheaper
than denatured alcohol or its substitutes, and much easier to find on the
trail.

You can see my review of the Whisperlite and Alcohol stoves on my personal
website at http://www.oc.edu/staff/phil.heffington

I simply eat out of the pot I cook in.  I usually take an insulated mug for
coffee or hot chocolate, but I don't always take the time to heat water for
a hot drink.  BTW, if you make pasta you can use the drained pasta water for
your hot chocolate.  It doesn't seem to affect the taste, although the idea
seems kinda gross.