Re: [at-l] Waterfall, Jojo, Oren, and other hiker sightings/slackpackings on ...

In a message dated 8/7/2000 8:44:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
m_factor@hotmail.com writes:

<< I had a great weekend near Mooselauke and the Kinsmans even though I
didn't
 end up hiking... >>
I was up there on Monday- small world! :O)
I stopped in at the under-new-management Glencliff hostel. Big John ( who is
about 5'6" and 165), PackRat and _______ of '94 are running it now, with much
help from Big John's family. Nice folks!
 Met Gumby and Homeless (southbounders) at the Jeffers Brook Shelter. Hiked
into Trapper John and the new Ore Hill Shelters. Trapper John is still a
dump, and the new shelter is really nice with a tin roof, even! Nobody was at
Trapper John, Ore Brook was crowded, three tents behind, clothes lines and
gear everwhere. Didn't get any names at Ore Brook, they were a half dozen 20
somethin' males and one senior lady. The water is reportedly a mudhole, and
judging from the trail in, I believe it.
 TJ < off to Katahdin this weekend for the meteor showers