Re: [at-l] trekking poles

thornel@attglobal.net writes:

<< The modern shock loaded metal hiking pole sets are designed to be used
 primarily with the wrist loop, and very little use from the handles >>

Its funny how easy it is to get used to using the straps and not hanging onto
the poles with your hands.  I had a problem with a strap and ended up losing
it on a day hike. As if that wasn't aggravating enough, every 10-15 minutes I
would kind of just involuntarily throw my pole out onto the ground in front
of me because I forgot I was supposed to hanging onto it with my hand.

Looking back, it was probably pretty funny, although I remember not feeling
that way at the time.

POG