[at-l] "Sleep, Data. Sleeeeep" Long {Hard} Trail

And then Dr. Crusher beats on the obvious: "He's exhausted. He must..." And
Data says something like "No, Doctor, I believe it is more of a request -- a
command..."

Sloetoe is back in the land of feedcorn and soybeans. Got in this morning
around three (in some time zone or other) after fighting a series of NASTY
thunderstorms (not those weenie east coast things, but big badass MIDWEST
tunder-tormzens) across most of Ohio last night. Yowza.

Trippie was outrageous success. Boysens renamed the Long Trail to be The Long
Hard Trail. I'm going to write the Green Mtn Club on this small change right
away. Would certainly be easier to explain on signs than OneToughMutha Trail.

Boysens hiked about 90 miles (from Canada to Ben&Jerrys) in about 2 weeks
actually on trail, all with wet feet. Last four days in rain, including
Whitecap (Whitetop? White couch? white knickers? something...), Sterling
Pond, Smuggler's Notch, and Mansfield. They both left Indiana at 48 pounds,
and returned at 50 pounds -- AFTER bathing, too. Did (I think) 9 miles total
for the first two days; did a couple of 8+ mile *afternoons*; the effort was
always there: the mileage was a function of terrain.......

Trip would simply have NOT been possible without the direct assistance of
Mrs. Gorp, Stitches, Bleeder Guy, Cobweb, Stitches (redux), and (I believe)
half of the resident populations of Johnson and Morrisville, Vermont.
"Everybody 'Pokemon!'"

Kids want to start planning next year's assault up Camel's Hump right *now*.
Jeeeeez, Louiseeeze. At least that one (whereever it may go) will be planned
with a bit more ... um, "time."

Will be responding to emails directly, over the next few days. Thanks
trememdous for the wellness wishes......

Very tired now. Sleeeeep, Data.

Sloetoelius Minimus
(Paternal Unit to
Gumby and Pokey,
the 6yr old Mtn Climbing Machines)

=====
"A man who is not a liberal in his youth has no heart.
     And  a man who is not a conservative in his maturity
   has no brain."         W.Churchill

Call me 'middle-aged.'    T.McGinnis