[at-l] 6 days on the JMT

Chase said I'd post a trip report, well, when my pictures come back from the
developer I'll post them to photopoint, then you can see for yourself the
beauty of the JMT.

NO bear encounters, just yellow bellied marmots, picket pins and wonderful
swimming. All was going smoothly until day 6, the inspirational views of
Silver Pass led me to the first ford of Mono Creek, basically just a rock
hop, I almost made it to dry ground, when I took a stupid fall. The rock I
chose to step upon went one way, I went the other, onto both knees and near
the edge of a drop-off, WHOA!!! an upclose look at a pile of horse manure,
leki pole bruises on my stomach, cuts on knees, and instant bruising on both
sides and swelling under the patella of the right knee.  Ten Gallon was
behind me, helped me to take off my pack so I could stand up, nervous energy
got me to Quail Meadow. Aided by good nursing efforts from both Photon and
Jerry we poured the freezing water of Mono Creek onto the knee. I couldn't
hold the knee in the fast moving water without instant cramping, it was
sooooo cold. I decided to go to VVR with Mike, while Photon, Ten Gallon and
Jerry continued on over Bear Ridge.

Last night Photon called from Lone Pine.  They finished the JMT yesterday and
are on their way home to the east coast.
Cin