[at-l] Class of 98 North Bound

Was in Washington DC on business this week, so I ventured South to the
Hudson's outfitters store in Springfield Mall. Struck up a conversation
with one of the employees who turned out to be "backpackn fool" of the
class of 98.

He turned 21 while on the trail and celebrated the day with several others
in Hot Springs, NC. Seems as though several in the group he was hiking with
planned a surprise birthday celebration with cake and the trimmings and
several took photographs of the occasion. He left the trail for 5 days and
as a result, lost contact with that group which included Dragons Breath,
The Soulmates, Bluegrass and Samson, among others. He expressed a sincere
desire to contact these hikers but is not internet connected and has no
phone so I told him I would post this message. He also related he completed
the Long Trail and is currently preparing for a PCT thru next year.

The dudes name and address is:

Joe Rhoten
179 Choptank Rd.
Stafford, VA 22554.

He also said he would love to have any photos the anyone in the group may
have taken at the 21st celebration. So if any of you  have one or more
photos he would love to have copies and would love to write to anyone in
the 98 class that knows him.

Joe D.
2001 An AT Odyssey