RE: RE: [at-l] filter

I don't like to carry any more equipment than necessary, either, and I do
compromise safety an many ways. If I wanted to be safe without compromise,
I'd stay in a bunker and only drink certified bottled water.

There are always choices to be made. The commercial filters work, some more
conveniently and economically than others. I expect to go from my PUR Hiker
to Safewater Anywhere inline filter for my next hike, and would be glad to
sell my PUR Hiker to anyone getting started. I always carry Polar Pure as a
backup, and occasionally exclusively.

But I am _still_ waiting for the UV water purifier to show up on the aisles
at REI!

OrangeBug

BTW, why are we crossposting this to so many lists? Does WF know we are
doing this?