Re: [at-l] underwear and chafing

>> Which brings me to a question... Where is this chafing occurring? With
>> names like "the hoop" and "monkey butt," I thought I had it figured out.
>> But OB's post about thigh rash made me wonder.

I used to get badly chafed on the inside of my thighs, sometimes to the
point of bleeding. Then I switched to non-cotton underwear, and the problem
went (mostly) away. Now I hike in shorts that have a bult-in mesh liner, so
I don't wear any underwear and don't experience any chafing.

Cotton undies are the usual cause, in my experience. Cotton absorbs water
(sweat), and the fibers expand and become quite abrasive. Unfortunately,
the only thing that they have to abrade is your tender skin. Ouch.

BTW, I think that the built-in liner ought to  count as 'wearing
underwear'. <g>

Cheers,

Ken B