Re: [at-l] Grist for Cell Phone Wars

In a message dated 07/30/2000 8:48:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lab@glis.net
writes:

<< This is fine, but if he wasn't climbing alone, and had used proper roping
 techniques, he probably wouldn't have fallen. Seems to me to strengthen the
 contention that having a cell phone encourages people who SHOULD know better
 to do STUPID things. This man was very lucky!!!

 I'll keep my other opinions on cell phones to myself, thank you very much.

 Lyle

And your point is what exactly? Saying that "having a cell phone encourages
people who SHOULD know better to do STUPID things." sounds kinda stupid
itself.
Last time I checked, my cell phone hadn't encouraged me to do anything stupid
(except maybe pick up a loaf of bread, or maybe some milk or ice cream).
Though I guess that could be stupid if I was lactose intolerant.

Sounds like you take all capability for thought away from people who own a
cell phone.  What are you, mister authority on what everyone else should do,
and the
all knowing mister "I never make any mistakes"?
I guess if I trip and fall in my house, it's because I have a wireline phone,
and maybe because I live alone, and because I wasn't wearing shoes.....
Give it a rest...

Russ