Re(2): [at-l] NOBOer Jester - 28mpd

I actually DID meet Hokey Flash.  He's carrying a rather normal looking
pack, didn't look "ultralite" or anything.  Met him as he blew by me on
the way into Upper Goose Pond Cabin maybe July 13??  My friend and I were
just finishing a short hike (4 days) and came in to the cabin for a swim
and to see if there were any thruhikers.  Met Hokey Flash, Frito and there
was someone out in the canoe who had passed us earlier so we didn't get
his name.  He was hiking in a Kilt though!  Kinda cool.  Hokey Flash said
he'd only been out for 2 months!  Probably in Maine by now.....
Said he had to be done by Aug 10 or something to go back to school..

Ah to be young again!  So many thru hikers (of widely varying ages)
blasted past me on this little hike that I'm seriously considering taking
the trail name of "Speed Bump", since Pokey and Turtle are already
taken......

Sharon

Trailmixup@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 7/26/00 8:57:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>at_l96@hotmail.com writes:
>
><<  Moses meets another NOBOer Jester who it attempting to thru-hike
>averaging
> 28mpd (non-supported).  I guess when u are young, Jester is 20yrs old, u
>can
> abuse your body allot & it keeps on ticking..  >>
>
>Then there's Hokey Flash -- he's consistently doing 24.5 a day.  'An'
>smilin'
>the whole time!  'Not sure if I'm inspired, or scared, by that!  (BTW --
>he's
>also young -- maybe 20'ish.  Never saw his pack, so I don't know what
>he's
>carrying.)
>
>Trailmixup
>* From the AT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *