[at-l] big blow last night

We had a huge storm last night around bedtime. I came down to watch the
excitement when we lost power and the winds approached 75mph. While the
dog cowered, I watched the growing assortment of too-big-to-be
hiking-sticks in the back yard. Then Walkabout heard a snap. We peered
cautiously outside and saw a tree sprawled all the way across the
driveway. When I went into my bathroom, I stared in disbelief and
howled: The wind had blown all the toilet paper off the roll, and it lay
there on the rain-drenched tile.

Earlier in the evening, Ken has washed our down sleeping bags and put
them in the back yard to finish drying. Somehow I remembered to bring
them in before the rain. It was a funny evening, running around with
flashlights, dodging the sleeping bags spread across the kitchen chairs.
But we were both thankful that we weren't in a tent for that storm.

Give Me Chocolate