[at-l] Still here

WELL..............FurTrappers and I are still here. It RAINED ALL
STINKING DAY! There was just no reason to start my FIRST backpacking
trip in the rain. Fur was afraid he'd never get me out there again (of
course the extreme arthritic pain of his Lyme had nothing to do with
it.....naw)

SO....sat .......watched the weather channel .....and kept
sayin.....$h!/......etc., etc., etc....

We are working on a plan "C".......we have the kids at camps....and
stuck watchin backpacking the AT videos AGAIN!

Then he got a bright idea to go out to dinner. So.....we showered,
and....(stuff....kinda private here) and headed out. Since we were
basically broke from the weekend preps for this trip, and kids spending
money, we stopped at an ATM for some cash. I place the card in the
slot......it made this noise, and swallowed it! Then the "temporarily
out of service" showed up on the panel. "OMG" that thing ate our card! I
push every button on the panel....even the braille dots (which.....is
weird because why would they have those at a drive-up ATM anyway?) Go
figure! And naturally it was 7:15....so bank personnel were gone.

Back home, Fur, who has not used any cards in 5 years searches through
every odd-and-end box in his closet (wow...he has lots of those) trying
to locate the matching ATM card. We found one....from 1996 before the
bank merged w/another. "What the heck"....we drove to the local gas
quickie mart to see if it might just work. Guess what? This screen didnt
wait for the card....it saw me coming and immediately flashed up the
"temporarily out of service" up at me.

Back home.......made onion rings and tenderloin sandwiches....WAY
YUMMY.....should have done that 2 hours earlier!

Well there ya go....our trip report from our first day of our
"backpacking" adventure.  We'll keep u posted as the week unfolds!

Good Hiking
Landslides

.....I climbed a mountain and I turned around. And I saw my reflection
in a snow covered hill, till a landslide brought me down......(from
Fleetwood Mac...Landslide)