Re: [at-l] re: Komperdell hiking poles

Michael Henderson wrote:

> my hiking poles (Bambusa oldhamii x. Komperdell) are great.  no telescoping
> sections to slip, no straps to fail, lighter and stronger than lekis, and
> make a satisfying 'thok' sound when fencing with aluminum-weilding hikers.

'thok' was the name of our gardener when I was a kid. I remember a time or two
that I was 'bamboosalled' by you. Always catching me with my guard down (was
that MY guard). Next thing knowed I, I was being skulliwackered with a big, ol'
wooden straw with a rubber on the end.  What a thru-hike I had. When I got
home, I ordered Avon.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98