[at-l] Great Barrington

I need directions.

I need to drive to Great Barrington from I-84/Port Jervis. The emphasis
is on speed. I will spend the night next Thursday week in Promised Land
State Park in PA and need to meet a Fine, Upstanding, Noble and Generous
Yankee Gentleman at 9:00 AM at the AT crossing at Great Barrington, MA.
I will depart PLST at around 5:00 AM (groan).

Would I be better off to:

1). Go up I-87 at Newburgh, get off at exit 21 to Catskill to Hudson to
Rte 23 to GB?

2). Go up I-87 at Newburgh, go up to I-90, go east to Stockbridge, then
South to GB?

3). Go across I-84 to the Taconic State Parkway (what's the speed limit
on the TSP?), go North on the TSP to Rte 23 to GB?

4). Other? Walt? Skeeter? This is your turf - any help to a poor
Southren Hiker trying to meet up with his Fine, Kind, Wonderful, Noble
(opps - used that one) shuttle (suck up, suck up)?

I am learning to avoid the scenic secondary roads on the trip out and
pick them up on the way back when I don't have to be anywhere at a set
time. The small towns are neat to see but Really Slow One Down.

Thanks in advance,

- Gary the directionally perplexed from Fairfax

PS - So, is there an Awful Barrington? A Fair Barrington? A Merely Good
But Not Great Barrington? The possibilities are mind boggling.