[ALDHA-L] FW: Garvey Shelter Update

Hello Everyone,
    We now have an access road to the A.T.  Big thanks to the South Mountain
folks, Thurston Griggs, and Charlie Graf who were instrumental in this
accomplishment!
    We'll now focus on improving the access road and laying block, working
each weekend throughout the summer.
    When coming out to work for the first time, please meet at the Weverton
A.T. parking lot at 9am saturday and/or sunday. We will carpool to the
worksite from there.  Just send an email to me or Jim Skinner
(jskinner@erols.com) letting us know your intent.
    Note: if you miss the carpool, just walk north on the A.T. @ 2 miles
where you'll see the access road on the ridge off to the right (east).

Directions to Weverton parking lot from Frederick, MD:
* Rte 270 North
* Rte 70 West 1/4 mile
* Rte 340 West 15 miles
* Rte 67 North, first right onto Weverton Rd.  Drive about 100 yards and
you'll see
    Weverton parking lot on the right.

Frank
Lot's of background info and pictures at:
http://patc.net/garvey/
http://www.trailjournals.com/edgarveyshelter/