Re: [at-l] Tick Bites (was Lyme)

Mrs. Gorp wrote:
>>Speaking of Tick Bites, last night on the news there was an
interesting story about another tick borne disease, Ehrlichiosis>>

Actually there ia also Babisia(sp.?) When FurTrappers was involved in a
Lyme study at New England Med. Center in Boston, they were trying to
identify what makes Chronic Lyme different from Lyme. (Lyme gets better,
Chronic does not seem to respond well to treatment). One potential
answer they were determining was that ticks could carry more than one
disease at a time, and perhaps along with Lyme, the critter that got Fur
may have also had Ehrlichilosis or Babisia as well. So now we have ticks
that are a cesspool of disease feeding off mammals  like us. Geesh!

Good Hiking
Landslides

.....I climbed a mountain and I turned around. And I saw my reflection
in a snow covered hill, till a landslide brought me down......(from
Fleetwood Mac...Landslide)