Re: [at-l] Graymor

Uhm, as a Roman Catholic, I take umbrage here -- The Church is 'rich' in
history, art and artifacts.  The notion that it has a lot of readily
available cash is erroneous.   If the Church sold every artifact and piece
of art and building that it has and distributed the money to every person in
the world, each would get a whoppin' $2 each.  Each Church and Religious
Order has to raise the majority of its own income, that's why some bake
bread, some make wines, some sell bonsai trees and plants, etc.

No one else, not MGM, or RJReynolds, or GM/Ford/Chrysler-Daimler, or
Johnson&Johnson, or the Democratic or Republican Party, or the Queen of
England or Bill Gates or WaltDisney, or NBC/ABC/CBS, nor Ted Turner, or
anyone one or any other corporation or Church or manufacturer or country
that has anything to do with hiking, backpacking, food eaten by backpackers,
shoes or clothing worn by backpackers, cars driven by backpackers, movies or
teevee seen by backpackers, computers used by backpackers, beds slept in by
backpackers, houses and land purchased by backpacers etc adnauseum is
expected to give items or time or resources away for free --- but somehow,
Graymor is because it's related to the Catholic Church?

Hey, I didn't see anyone in this group discussing The Place in Damascus in
the same vein as a few are discussing The Graymor Monestary.  If we treat a
Methodist Hostel with reverence, it's okay, but because Graymor Monastery is
Catholic, it doesn't get the same respect?

I'm a bit confused at this attitude, not surprised, but this goup has
usually shown more restraint than this.

YMMV and if you have a prollem, email me offline,
Coosa