[at-l] I got my 1st backpack!

Well....FurTrappers finally did it! He got me hooked! My backpack
arrived yesterday (we must be weird....we get so excited when that brown
truck with no doors backs down our lane..  kinda like the Wells Fargo
Wagon where we live!)

N E way....after about 2 hours of perfection seeking the pack was
adjusted to fit.
Then ya know what he did???? He stuck a 20 lb. sack of sunflower seeds
in it! How dare he get my "purdy" pac dirty! But amazingly enuf.....it
still felt pretty good. We hiked for about 2 miles with 2 hills (cant
leave the kids alone too long ya know), and I am amazed at a few things:
1. there seems to be a knack to putting it on and taking it off. Geesh I
feel stupid when Fur gives me that sh**-eating grin.
2. The platypuss water thingee sloshes (but it IS really cool)
3. those darn silver rings make a very interresting rhythm with each
foot step....and it never gets less annoying. We must fix that one!
4. I LIKE THIS! This didnt really feel like 25 pounds at all!

So....the kids go to camp week of the 24th....and we are gonna hike the
MD section of the AT. Now....if Fur's Lyme decides not to be too active,
we will finally "hike our own hike"!

BTW, is there any blonde jokes about a woman on her first backpacking
trip? Fur....Shhhhhh.

Good Hiking
Landslides

.....I climbed a mountain and I turned around. And I saw my reflection
in a snow covered hill, till a landslide brought me down......(from
Fleetwood Mac...Landslide)