Re: [at-l] Blister King

Greetings,

Being a section hiker, I will go a stretch without putting on my boots.
I've found they have a tendency to stretch out a bit during a hike
(sundowners), so what I do over a week's hike is to begin with a lower bulk
sock (I use Smartwools) and then shift after a few days to the Thorlo
Trekking sock, which is bulkier.  I always wear polypropolene or thermax
liners.  I also try to take off my socks at lunch breaks and let my feet air
out, down wind of course.  At night, I turn my socks wrong side out, fluff
them up, and hang to dry.  By morning they've almost recovered their bulk.
Using this approach, I've had minimal blisters over my last four or five
trips (80 to 110 miles each).  YMMV; my hiking partner does the same thing I
do and he always gets blisters.

Take Care,

Tim

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:50:31 EDT, BGramsbjs@aol.com wrote:

>  What works for me is a good pair of liners, but not all hikers agree.
(my
>  sister, the other Blister Sister) won't wear them.
B.J.Blister
>  * From the AT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html