Re: [at-l] Roanoke Times Editorial

--- David Hicks <daveh@usit.net> wrote:
> The hard work and generosity of the Appalachian Trail Conference's members
> and volunteers also were crucial.
>
> The land's preservation is also a tribute to Carter, its former owner and a
> retired Church of the Brethren pastor, who appreciated the spiritual
> dimension of his land and the nearby trail.
>
> Future generations will stop and admire this expanse of wilderness, unaware
> that it is the thoughtful result of combining the dollars and energies of a
> private conservation group, a local family, the state and its taxpayers --
> and hikers like themselves who opened their wallets for love of a local
> landmark.

### Bet this won't make it onto "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings."
Good news just don't "sell."
How's 'bout one of our at-l-ers takes a hard copy of the article to a nearby
shelter? If I was hiking the area, I couldn't imagine a better thing to read,
to (further) motivate the hike.

=====
"The tragedy of man is not that a man dies,
     but what dies within a man while he's still alive."

               Mind your soul.