[at-l] language help

Periodically some hikers get all bent out of shape beause they do not
understand the locals.  They think some of us are wierd and hard to get
along with.  Following is a language that many of the mountain folks
speak.  Now it might be right helpful if some of you flatlanders and
folks above the Mason Dixon keep this so you can communicate with folks
while hiking through the Applachian Mountains.  This is copied from Tom
Hodges in the Johnson City Press.  Some of you will think I am a-fixin to
pull your leg and you'll go on bein down right biggety and a cuttin up
and get yourself smack-dab in trouble and maybe even whupped.  This is a
real language in the mountains.
A-fixin--Getting ready.  "We're a-fixin to go to the store."
Peaked--Pale or sick looking
Askeered of--Frightened or afraid of
Doin's--A function.  "Are you goin to the church doins tonight?"
Dast--Dare  "Don't you dast ask Zeke to the doin's."
Holler---A small Valley
Fetch--to bring
Vittles--Food or victuals
Put out--Angry, annoyed
Smart--to hurt.
You'ns-- you or y'all
Aim--to intend or plan
Cuttin up---acting a fool
Book Read--educated or well informed
Fur Piece--a great distance
Gulley Washer--A hard rain.  another is frog-strangler
Hesh up--become quiet
Het--to become heated or upset
Lollygagg--to loaf or loiter
Pizen--poisen  "I seen lotsa pizen snakes in these parts."
Awful Poorly---Very Ill
Crick--a stiffness
Airish--Breezy or drafty
Biggety--stuck up or acting big.
Clum--climbed
Plumb--completely  "I'm plumb upset with her lolly-gaggin around."
Kivver--cover
Shed of-- to get rid of or unload  "You've got to shed of some of that
weight          in that pack."
Smack dab--on the dot.
Poke---paper bag
Whupped--whipped or spanked
Skittish--Nervous  "Roan mt. folks get kind of skittish of folks on the
 goverment trail."
Et--eat
Gander--to look at
Naw----no