Re: [at-l] Hey, Rymin'Worm! Here's another...!

In tryin' to rely on my in with the lout,
I ast him but blast him, he said "I ran out."

You'd think he'da taken my money or, gee,
at least my address for a sale C.O.D.

He's just lost his chance, 'til I finish my hike
(tho I might ship one off to my trail mentor Mike)

If I don't get one soon, tho -- hey Santa, I'm hinting!
-- I may have to wait 'til the thing's second printing!

-- Jane, just playin at rhymin for the Worm

>From: Pat Villeneuve <patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu>
>To: rhymworm@mindspring.com, at-l <at-l@backcountry.net>
>Subject: Re: [at-l] Hey, Rymin'Worm! Here's another...!
>Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:24:21 -0500
>
>Hey, hey, hey! I bought TWO!!! (And got a crappy rhyme, too... ;->)
>
>Give Me Chocolate
>
>rhymworm@mindspring.com wrote:
>
> > What? Somebody actually read the book? Quick! Give me FTD.COM!
> >
> > <grin>
> >
> > One of our list (who shall remain nameless) just sent me a copy to sign,
>which made me feel like an actual writer. And believe it or not, a couple
>of our listers actually bought copies when I read (to a group of about 5)
>and signed at Trail Days. Don't make the same mistake! Hold out for one of
>the rare UNautographed copies, coming to a "bargain books" bin near you,
>soon.
> >
> > Thanks for passing this along, Sloetoe.
> >
> > --Rhymin' Worm
> >
> > ThatSloetoe <sloetoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Shameless cross-post from the BackpackingLight@egroups.comOnce again,
>"one of our own" is lauded......
> > I really liked this guy's review.
> >
> > > Message: 10
> > >    Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:36:38 -0000
> > >    From: "John Macri"
> > > Subject: "On the Beaten Path" by Robert Alden Rubin
> > >
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > I recently completed reading "On the Beaten Path" by Robert Rubin. It
> > > is a (recent) release about an Appalachian thruhike pilgrimage. You
> > > have probably read other journals if considering walking the 2100
> > > mile journey but I am sure you won't find one better. It is not a
> > > "how to" book. Rather, his prose are that of a trained writer which
> > > makes reading the journal swift and entertaining. Rubin somehow
> > > doesn't write much about his gear not unlike a surgeon omitting
> > > comments about a particular scalpel. Being a gear addict, I was
> > > dissappointed because of this omission but accepted the fact that his
> > > load was just plain heavy. Rubin does write of the heavy feeling in
> > > his heart as each step takes him further and further from his wife
[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]