Re: [at-l] Newspaper article: Trail benefactors block ATV access

In a message dated 07/06/2000 2:38:54 PM EDT, dfaddleton@mindspring.com
writes:

<< not a thru hiker here, but I think anyone who has done it once know
exactly how long the trail is
 I mean, hey, I'm just a week-end trekker and I KNOW that on some week-ends a
particular section hike is 10 miles long and on others it is exactly 15 ...
and sometimes its only 8 ... depending on the week-end I hike it and what
ever else is going on

The mileage for any given year is not the same for any other year.

Relocation of the trail is done almost every year. That could add or take
away mileage.

2,144 miles was back in 1992.

Wildbill