Re: [at-l] gear

Critical Payne <paynes@alleg.edu> wrote:

> I'm not sure what they have in the 150 dollar price range, but I'd look
> for a Gregory pack.  I swear by mine, and my dad still has and uses the
> Gregory that he bought in the late 70s.
>
> I have the Gregory Shasta - pretty simple, but you can really customize it
> to your liking with add-on pockets, etc.
[clip]

I carried a Shasta on my thru last year. It is heavy, but well built. I had
three pack failures on the trip. Gregory has the pack now and is repairing
it for free. I field repaired the pack and they didn't seem to care when I
called them. I did give them the option of replacing the pack or repairing
it :).

I would not carry a 6 pound pack on a thru hike again, though I do like the
way the Gregory carries...

-p
--
Paddler