[at-l] Cleaning Down

I just got a very stinky, very dirty feathered friends down bag in the mail.
I know I have the option of washing it in a commercial washer and drying it
on low or washing it by hand and drying it flat.  The FF instructions just
say either way, with a down soap.

So...what are the pros and cons of each method? Things I need to be careful
of?  I am not really concerned about the time element - won't be playing much
for the next week or so.

POG
Don’t get your knickers in a knot.
Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny.
                                        --- Kathryn Carpenter