Re: [at-l] gear

--- Neal Wilkinson <groovetopia@excite.com> wrote:
> I'm in the market for a pack and
> would like to spend less than $150 if I can.
### I'm a big fan of the JanSport Adirondack (4.25? pounds, 5000ci, $100)
amoung others from JanSport, as well as some offerings from Kelty. That said,
back in early February, I purchased a comfy little cheapie from Lowe
("Hyperpacker" -- Felix felt the need to comment already; none need follow
up) that is pretty similar in weight, comfort, and capacity), and I got it
for $80. Generally, I find Lowe to be weighhhh too heavy for the capacity
offered (same with ArcDanaGregSmith...), but this one charmed me. So I bought
it, kept the receipts to ward off "buyer's remorse", fiddled with it for 5
months, and finally wore it outdoors 10 days ago for a hot overnight.
I think the moral of this little story is to have fun lookin'.

> I'd like to find something that's decent for a day hike, but large enough
for a week long trek.
### Sounds like you need a GVP4, when you get down to it. Who's got that URL
handy???? Have you read Ken's comments, Neal???

Have fun!
There's LOTS of good gear cheap,
if you look.
$oTightToe

=====
"The tragedy of man is not that a man dies,
     but what dies within a man while he's still alive."

               Mind your soul.