Re: [at-l] still need HELP!

--- Critical Payne <paynes@alleg.edu> wrote:
> I have scoured the net looking for information on Indian Flats Falls on
> the Lynn Camp Prong Trail in GSMNP and have come up completely empty.  I
> even tried the library, but even the huge PSU library has nothing on
> waterfalls of the Smokies.  Does anyone know of any online pictures I can
> find, or has anyone been there that could tell me how nice/big/etc. the
> falls are?
>
> Many thanks,
> Payne

You're talking about the backcountry, sir. Most anything online will be
seeking to separate you from your dollars in Gatlinburg -- backcountry items
will be hard to come by.

Didn't we have a lister who "throughhiked" the Smokies last year? The name is
on the tip of my typing tongue (which makes a real mess till I hit "send");
perhaps they are currently offlist?

Also, of all the hiking guides to the Smokies (and I have seen at least a
half dozen) only two are detailed. One is the comprehensive guide (and dang
hard to find) and the other is a nicely detailed "hikers" guide -- mostly
dayhikes/overnights. I don't have the names with me, but I can get 'em.

=====
"The tragedy of man is not that a man dies,
     but what dies within a man while he's still alive."

               Mind your soul.