RE: [at-l] Have a safe Fourth

I did a little "indoctrinating" myself this week... Took my 6-year-old
daughter on her first "thru-hike," the great distance of 12 miles.  We hiked
southbound on the Western Ridge trail through Rock Creek National Park in
D.C.  She was a trooper and finished with minimal whining, although I did
have to convince her that we really didn't need to take the tent.  ;)  She's
already hooked on camping, thanks to a lot of car camping I've done with her
and a few overnight paddling trips. Any of you who have ever paddled eight
hours into a headwind with a five year old can imagine the adventure... :)

-janel-