[at-l] Trouble at 501

Yesterday afternoon, a man decribes as a "homeless hiker"
created quite a disturbance at the 501 shelter near Pine
Grove (not Pine Grove Furnace) in PA.  The man reportedly
was asking hikers for their ID and demanding that they exit
the shelter area.  The State Police were called and responded
with two uniformed officers who were also asked for ID by
the man.  When they attempted to take him into custody, the
man fled on foot.  Now the tale gets personal...

My friend (NBer Han Solo) comes walking across 501 towards the
shelter just as a second pair of Troopers respond to the call
for back up and wouldn'tjaknow....he matches the description
of the fleeing "hiker".  Well gee...let's see....5'7, curly
dark hair, wearing a brown shirt and grubby lookin.  Hmmmmm...

Anyway, my friend was detained for questioning, although he was
never actually 'put in the car', until they determined that he
was not likely to be the man who was earlier raving and ranting.
In fact, the suspect was simutaneously apprehended and in custody.

My friend called and the first thing he said was "It wasn't me,
I didn't do it"  Now if that isn't a line designed to make your heart
race......<g>.

Side note...Han said that the shelter mantainers who live nearby
had a call from the NPS within a hour of his "interview".

So if anyone sees or hears any report of a hiker named Han Solo
freaking out, please do whatever you can to set the record straight.

It wasn't him, he didn't do it!