[at-l] update, Flight of the Spiriteagle

The last few weeks have been really good, but tiring.  The Sierras were
beautiful, but a lot more snowy than we expected, from the first pass to
Donahue, with a rather "interesting" descent down to Sonora Pass for an
encore.  Fortunately, it all is melting, and even the stream crossings that
gave us fits (Bear, Evolution and a couple of the northern Yosemite canyons)
are just a memory now.  Our planned visit to Bridgeport was cancelled
because it was time for the annual Biker Festival, but we had a peaceful
stay at the campground at K. Meadows instead, which turned out to be a good
stop.  Our timing seems a bit off - going into Desolation Wilderness on
Fourth of July weekend doesn't bode for a quiet week, but it should be
interesting.  We'll take tomorrow off to rest and eat (Jim's back in
skeleton mode again), then we're off to sample some of the lakes, now that
they're finally warming up.  WC, Where are you? We seem to be in a hiker
hole - aside from a good visit with Sly and Cheryl at Kennedy Meadows (the
other one) and a couple of speedsters racing past at 30 miles a day, we've
been hiking alone since Tuolemne.  We're doing well though, hiking about 20
miles a day, with only a few sore spots to show for it.  Jim's broken toe
finally seems to be healing, though it does growl when we do too many miles.
Walk softly,
Ginny and Jim

Contact Jim or Ginny directly at spiriteagle99@hotmail.com (Jim and/or
Ginny Owen)

For list related problems, please contact listwright@circumtech.com or
kahley7@ptd.net (no need for both at once...)

***Writings of Jim and Ginny Owen:

The Thru Hiking Papers
       <http://trailwise.circumtech.com/thruhikingpapers/default>
Adventures of the SpiritEagle at Glacier National Park
       <http://trailwise.circumtech.com/montana/default>