Re: [at-l] July Fourth!!!

In a message dated 06/29/2000 11:08:17 AM EDT, tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us
writes:

<< Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the
 Declaration of Independence?  >>

Yes and No, there were more then just these 56 who give all they had to give,
in the making of the Untied States of America.

I do know what happened to my 5th Great Grandfather, William Hedrick
(Headrick). He was in the Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Militia and in the
Pennsylvania Line, Continental Army. He was in the Battles of Trenton,
Princeton, Brandywine and Germantown. After the war he moved to Tennessee.
Lived in Sullivan County for 19 years, then in Greene County for 19 years and
then in Sevier County, were he died in 1839 at 94 years of age. He applied
for his pension in 1833. His Certificate of Pension was issued on 2 Aug 1833
(Revolutionary Claim Act, 7 June 1832) and he was paid the arrears of $40 and
the semi-anl allowance of $10 for a total of $50.

What has made this Country and keep it free, all this years?
I'll answer that.
Blood and Guts. Men and Women willing to put there lives on the line whenever
and wherever needed. Freedom is NOT free, its paid in blood.

And to make this trail related. Its a long weekend for some, enjoy your hikes.

Wildbill