Re: [at-l] Here's the cut and pasted text from the site...Binoculars

After that knowledgeable and extensive tutorial last night by Trailmixup,
there is only one thing that I might add.

Unless you are really steady of hand, anything from 10x on up has the
potential to give a person motion sickness - sort of like a video cam
jiggling and jouncing in inexperienced operator's hands.

I have a really nice 10x pair which we keep in our vehicle because it is too
heavy to tote on a hike.  I always look for something to lean on or prop
them with when trying to scope something out.  On the other hand, the 7x
binocs give me a wider field of vision but lack the ability to really zoom
in on distant detail.  Bottom line - it is all a series of trade offs.

What I really liked were the gyro stabilized 50x units I used from
helicopters back in my active duty days.  Don't even ask what you (the
taxpayer) shelled out for them....

Al (Draggin' Anchor)